Thursday, February 28, 2013

100%

30 weeks and 5 days!

I almost didn't type this update, because I thought... people are so tired of reading about this twin pregnancy. But then I remembered.... there are only a few of you 'out there' that read this blog, (Hi, ladies! Love you guys!), and the whole point of writing is so that I remember for myself.

Had a quick little check-in with the doc this morning, and both twins are measuring exactly 3 lbs. 4 oz. They are positioned like ying-yangs in my belly. Keegan is head down/bottom up on my left, and Noelle is bottom down/head up on my right. So Noelle is 'breech' and Keegan is in 'birthing position.'

If Twin A (in my case, Keegan) is in birthing position, a vaginal delivery is usually considered safe. Even if Twin B (Noelle) is breech. Although there are many doctors out there that will only allow vaginal deliveries if both twins are head down. In my case... it obviously doesn't matter since we have planned a c-section from the beginning! Just thought it was an interesting tid bit of info.

The next few weeks are key in the babies growth and development. They will gain about .5 lb each week through the end of my pregnancy. Right now I have about 7 pounds of baby in my belly, and am the size of a normal person when they are about to give birth. Seven.more.weeks. haha!

I've mentioned that I've had a lot of anxiety during my pregnancy. It comes at weird times, and is about weird things. Well, last week I had an anxiety attack thinking that for some reason the twins weren't boy/girl anymore. And that I had washed all of these clothes and would be in shock to find they were both b/b or g/g. So today I told the nurse my fear and this is what she wrote down for me to hang on my fridge...


100% Boy/Girl Twins. lol.

Because I obviously have no shame...



2 comments:

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

holy canoli! thats a bump!! so I did the math, and your going to double baby weight if all goes as planned by time of birth?? thats so crazy! looking great!!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

dang girl i am LOVING your bump!!!! keep on blogging, love reading your posts!