Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So long, Facebook!

I deleted my Facebook account. Well, I 'temporarily deactivated it' with the intention of eventually logging back in to save all of my photos to an external hard drive.

No, I didn't delete it because I am "one of those people who don't want to share pictures of their kids." I just don't need it anymore. And here's why:

1. Scrolling through FB on my iphone every morning, I probably go passed 100 people who I don't know from a hole in the wall. Yes, I probably met them and knew them in college, but really know them? Nope. So, I scroll right on past without even reading their status.

2. My pregnancy emotions have gotten the best of me. The other week I found myself stressing over whether certain people liked/didn't like my photos or status update. For real, Erika? Who needs that?

3. Politics. Enough said. And there is so much ignorance on FB. I value opinions, but only respectful ones.

4. I was being rude. Waiting for a table at a restaurant... taking a break while dinner was cooking... waking up in the morning and looking at my phone... all of these times I tapped open the FB app, I could have been having a conversation with my husband, instead of mindlessly scrolling past the aforementioned people I no longer know.

So, Facebook has been deleted and removed from the iPhone, blackberry, and iPad.

While I am making no promises that somewhere down the line I don't come back, the past week of Facebook-freeness have been so enjoyable, I don't see it happening.

Yes, the Hubs is off Facebook too. For same reasons listed above, minus the pregnancy emotions one. :)

I do LOVE Instagram, and can be found here: @lee_erika


1 comment:

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I totally support you even though I am going to miss you! At least you are on instagram & blogging still :) Facebook has changed so much & everything you said I have noticed myself as well. It would make Chris so happy if I deleted it. I just don't know if I can!!