Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Window Swag


Sitting down to write this morning before my first conference call, and my brain is all over the place. This post will probably be a hodge-podge of random clips from the past few days!

My parents were up here in Dallas this weekend and helped us finish the nursery. I'm not going to share too many pics, because I am waiting for my sister to come up with her camera and really capture the details. For some reason the iphone photos I snapped just don't do it justice. It really came out amazing! We're still waiting on just a couple more things too! (My mom and great friend Robin are hand-making Noelle and Keegan custom quilts for their cribs, and they aren't quite ready yet).

In addition to my dad and Justin making several trips to Home Depot for some 'building' stuff, my mom and I got a chance to make a few things for the room to personalize it. We made a fabric swatch garland using these instructions.  But, we left the strips slightly longer, and strung the finished pieces from twine instead of ribbon. It adds such an awesome pop of color across their white curtains on the window!




The bottom pic shows just a tad of the decor in the room. I am absolutely in love with the three deer pictures. They are actually drawings and are in vintage white/distressed wooden frames. I bought them in Canton back in November before I knew what the twins were, and they were my inspiration for the entire room. Close-ups and whatnot to come when I have better pics!

We have less than 8 weeks to go before the babies are here, and surprisingly I am not too frazzled yet. The thing I am most stressed about is all of the preparation before leaving work for 12 weeks. Not that the world is going to end, but we have such segmented roles, that I am the only one who knows how to do quite a few things. And our business just realigned last week, so the Business Unit I manage grew by 4 states. It's really just kind of a cluster. The Marketing VP jokingly asked me if I planned to be back the week after the kids were born. Funny guy.

Speaking of preparation - I am in full-on nesting mode. I started washing their blankets and preemie/newborn onesies this weekend. From what I have been told, they will live in those little snap or scrunch bottom outfits at first, so they are getting washed and put away. I have an obsession with Aden + Anais swaddle blankets right now. They have 20. The patterns are so adorable, I can't stop buying them. And after being washed with Dreft, they smell amazing.

Let's see.... what else? I still feel really great. Yesterday the DR told me I am the size of a 36 week pregnant person. With twins, you usually measure 6-8 weeks ahead, so I am right on track. Some days I think I look really big, and other days I don't really notice the belly. I am just used to it I guess!

This week my bible study group is starting a new series, and we're reading Jill Savage's book, No More Perfect Moms. It's all about the simple fact that there is no such thing as a perfect mom. Or a perfect house. Or a perfect husband. Here's her clip:

There are no perfect moms (just women who make a good outward appearance). There are no perfect kids (just kids who are dressed well and behave well just when you see them). There are no perfect houses (just ones where the clutter is cleverly stored!) There are no perfect bodies (just ones who know the beauty of Spanx!).

I am really looking forward to this new series, and continuing to spend time each week with the awesome girls in my group. (I will keep going until I pop!)


3 comments:

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

Thats really adorable! I love the window decoration. And that book about perfection really strikes a nerve with me. I have a whole post about perfection that I am too nervous to post.

Emily said...

LOVEEEEE the twins room! SO excited to meet Noelle and Keegan. Getting soo close.

Unknown said...

Adorable room. I can't wait to come up and see it all in person!