Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Move over, Bloomies!

***Don't worry, I am also stocking up on the sweetest bow ties and suspenders for Keegan, but this post is all about girlie bows and headbands!

I am completely obsessed with Bloomies Handmade. I can't get enough. And they are always running specials, so I have picked up a few headbands and bows for Noelle already.

But, I've also been feeling really crafty lately. I've made countless crochet headbands in EVERY size and color imaginable for Noelle, and a bunch to send to her cousin, Molly, too! You can only have so many crochet headbands though. Sometimes you just gotta throw felt in the mix too. (That's where Bloomies comes in!)

Last night during our Homeland Season 1 marathon on DVD (yea, obsessed with this show too), I got inspired and started crafting up a storm. I used this pattern to make my own simple felt bows. Felt is oober cheap - only $.29 a sheet at Michael's, so I bought a ton to experiment.

I made about 6 last night, and cut out the circles for 20 more! I haven't decided what to add as the embellishments in the center, so right now they just look like sweet little fluff circles. My sister is coming to visit me this weekend, and she always knows just how to solve all of my craft dilemmas! Then, I will attach some to lace headbands, others to tiny pins, and a some to elastic stretchy headbands. I'll share pics when they are finished - not to brag, but they rival Bloomie's cuteness at a fraction of the price.

Look, you gotta save money where you can. Mostly because a Janie & Jack outlet just opened up at Grapevine Mills, and that's where my dolla bills are headed this week.

On a side note - update on our bible study! There are five of us in our bible study. It's super casual - we meet in comfy clothes on the couch of Amanda's house every Thursday night. And there is always food. Because three of the five of us are pregnant, and one has a 6 week old. (They all have one kid, about 2 years old - they met through a Mom's group, and I joined through Ashley). Their advice and encouragement has been invaluable during my entire pregnancy, and I so look forward to Thursdays!! We started the No More Perfect Moms book last week and its really hitting home even though I'm not a mom just yet. It talks about judging others, intentionally or unintentionally, and how there just is no such thing as being perfect. This book is a seven week series which will end the Thursday before the twins are due. Holy cow. Just seven more weeks....







2 comments:

Unknown said...

SEVEN MORE WEEKS!!!!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

aww my crafty bestie!!! I can't wait to get all of your handmedowns when i decide to finally have kids hehe. I really need to do a bible study! that sounds so fun!