Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesdays are the official countdown days.

OK. If all goes as planned, 6 weeks from today I will be holding my sweet babies.  Holy toledo.

What's happening lately? Let's see. Last night I did another load of newborn clothes. I plan to have all of their preemie and newborn things washed before they get here, and maybe a load of onesies in 0-3 month size. I've been told they will practically live in onesies and sleepers at first, so I really don't want to wash their 'fancy' little tiny clothes just yet. Because if I realize they won't get worn, I'd like to swap them for the size up. Washing things for my littles is so much more fun than washing my maternity clothes. It's almost funny. Every time I do laundry, the saaaaaame shirts and leggings are circling through. I miss my skinny jeans.

My sister and BIL came to visit us this weekend. It's so nice when she's here. We had zero plans, but somehow the time they were here flew by so quickly. We did DIY a Moby wrap using this pattern. Essentially the Moby wrap is just a super long rectangular strip of stretchy knit fabric. We used the same exact dimensions as the ones they sell in the store (for $50++), but I was able to pick my own fabric. I chose cream, and am still trying to decide on the little 'embelishment' to mark the center of the wrap. For $30, I was able to make two moby wraps that turned out great! The hubs even tried it on. Side note: My husband is going to be such a hot dad. Like, seriously good-looking. End side note, not sure if he will wear the wrap out in public, but I bet he wears it around the house every now and then. 'Baby-wearing' is so hot right now, ya'll.

The hubs and I have been reading Babywise together and he has such a better memory than I do. I have a notebook I have to write everything down in, and he can splurt out baby info. like its no big deal. Like the fact that the first month or so, we will go through 20 diapers a day. That's 600 diapers the first month. The Pamper's swaddlers come in packs of 20, so basically one pack a day will just up and disappear. Gosh, cloth diapering is so intriguing to me right now. Maybe, maybe... 

Oh, and while she was here, sister snapped some maternity photos for me. She'll be blogging about the whole thing, but I couldn't help but share a few of her amazing shots.




 

2 comments:

Emily said...

gorgeous!! love the pictures.

Marci @ a smile a day said...

My bestie is so beautiful!