Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Weekend!

FRIDAY!!!!!

Justin told me that every Friday I say the exact same thing. 'Man, its been a long week.' He's right, I probably do. But I feel that way at the end of each and every work week lately. And the fact that I get about 2 hours of sleep at night because of the excruciating pains in my hips.... doesn't help. Oh my hips. I wake up every morning expecting to see those pregnancy badges of honor (stretch marks) spreading across my hips because I am just so SURE my hips grow each and every night. But so far, I've dodged that bullet. I don't think I won't get them, I just haven't gotten them yet.

I'm looking forward to a ton of stuff this weekend and next week.

Tonight our friends Bonnie & Tyler, and their sweet baby boy Carter, are coming over for dinner. Justin met Tyler through work, and when Bonnie and I met we just all really hit it off. We live on opposites sides of Dallas so its hard to get together too often, but we've been trying to more often lately. I'm making brisket tacos, some yummy sides, and this dip my friend Amanda introduced me too!

Then tomorrow all of the girls in my bible study, our husbands and their kiddos are getting together so our families can meet. I'm super excited about this because of how close the 5 of us ladies have gotten lately --- we hope the husbands hit it off haha!

AND THEN, on Sunday, Justin and I are going to dinner with another couple (who he met through work, but I haven't met yet). The guy's wife is pregnant with twins!! She is about 6 weeks behind me, and we've been meaning to get together to meet and talk babies. I'm super excited. I feel like all of these new people have been put in my life at the perfect time; I truly feel like I have a support system in Dallas now - which is just a really awesome feeling knowing that our lives are about to get crazy.

I joined the PAMOM (Mom's of Multiples) group up here, and am going to my first meeting on Tuesday night. The very first piece of advice I get from mom's with twins is to make sure to join the club - apparently it is so helpful. They have forums for advice, play groups, recommendations on nannies/doctors, and offer all sorts of help to new moms. The lady who signed me up for the group told me not to buy any more Preemie size clothing. She said if the babies don't fit into newborn clothes, they have a "closet" stocked with brand new clothing that someone will bring me a huge bagful when the babies are born. It's like their welcome gift - access to the 'Preemie Closet.' lol. And I've been assigned a mentor mom (someone who lives close to me who already has twins), who apparently will bring us frozen dinners and come by to check on us when we are home from the hospital. Kinda funny, but really cool.

On Wednesday, Sam and Kim are coming up to visit me for the night because they are on Spring Break. I'm so grateful for them. They are the kind of friends that we can go months without talking, but every time we do it's like we catch up instantly. Actually, I have quite a few friends like that - I think its important. Unfortunately not everyone is like that, and I recently lost a friend because of it. That was hard for me too... In the back of my mind I kept asking... what's wrong with me!? Which I realize now was way off. I think a simple conversation would have made a huge difference, but it is what it is.

So basically, this 32 week pregnant gal has quite a bit going on over the next few days. Gotta squeeze it all in while I still feel good. But honestly, one thing a day isn't too bad. I really try to take it super easy as much as I can during the day or I get really tired.

 
One last thing - I signed up for Amazon Mom this week too! They have an automatic diaper delivery service that is cheaper than ANY diapers I've seen in stores, plus free 2-day shipping on everything I order off Amazon. My first box of 240 pamper's swaddlers came in the mail in 2 days for $30. I've compared prices at Target, Walmart, Babies R Us... Amazon is a good $10 cheaper on every size diaper/brand. They send a certain amount of diapers per month, and you just update your profile as you need to go up a size. If you end up with an extra box of a size the babies no longer wear, they take it back - and shipping back is free too. Cheap diapers showing up on my doorstep? Win/win if you ask me.

Bump and mint green chucks.

2 comments:

Whitney Garcia said...

Speaking of diapers - We have a box of 200 size 1s that we only used one of the plastic bags before switching Lucas to size 2! Expect a box on your doorstep once I get around to packaging them up :)

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I love that you have a support group & more friends there now!! I still wish we were in the same city though dangit. I think that diaper thing is genius :)