Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Three Weeks!!!!

These next three weeks are going to fly by (I hope)! My To-Do list is shortening, so I'm feeling READY! Well, as ready as one could possibly be when expecting a baby. (Or two). We took a class at our hospital on Saturday, Preparing for Multiples, and I learned a whole lot! 

I woke up yesterday morning, Monday, with the most horrible pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. It hurt to stand, sit, breath... and especially walk. When the pain started radiating into my lower back, we called the doc, and 20 minutes later were on our way to L&D to have everything checked out.

The babies are GREAT! The pain I was in was not related to them at all --- they were just moving and grooving all day without a care in the world. The doc really wasn't sure what was causing my pain, but needed to rule out appendix issues since that is what is in the lower right side of the abdomen. They ordered an MRI to have a better look - he was looking for appendicitis or to see if my ovary had twisted. Which apparently both are fairly common in pregnancy and can cause sharp pains.

We showed up at L&D at 9:00 AM, and did not get taken back for the MRI until about 4. I wasn't allowed any food or water the entire time I was there. No food or water = dehydration = lots of contractions. After finishing the MRI, they hooked me up and gave me 2 bags of IV fluids to re-hydrate me and calm down the contractions I was having. Then the doc came in and said..... he still wasn't sure what was causing the pain because the MRI was clear. Lovely. Because the pain had turned from sharp to a dull ache throughout the day, his best guess is that I had maybe passed a kidney stone. They released me at about 6:30 PM. Walking out to our car, the pain picked back up again, but I got right in bed when we got home. This morning I feel much, much better. So, who really knows. One of those random things I guess.


So here is a 34 week/3 day update:

Total weight gain: 33 pounds 

Maternity clothes: Most of my maternity tops are now too short. Been living in leggings, maternity tanks and long cardigans. Get out of here freezing temps, I'm ready for Spring!

Stretch marks: Still none. I know, really hard to believe.

Sleep: I sleep for about an hour at a time at night before having to get up to potty. Last night I had a three hour stretch, which is the longest I've gone in months.

Best moment of this week: Watching the hubs practice putting in the carseats.

Miss anything: Mostly clothing variety. I'm really tired of my maternity clothes, but refuse to buy any more at this point.

Food cravings: I've been drinking Ensures to get extra protein, and I love them.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, and waddle hardcore.


Gender: A little boy and a little girl.

Labor signs: No labor signs! Thankfully my L&D trip was all "mommy" related, and the babies are doing just great.

Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: ehhh... on and off. Depends on what time of day it is and if my fingers are swollen.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, anxious, and READY for them to be here!

Looking forward to: Warm weather and a chance to sit in the backyard in shorts and a tank.

5 comments:

Emily said...

we need an updated bump pic!!!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

Hang in there love, you are ALMOST THERE!!! And you have to be luckiest person ever still not having stretch marks or getting sick really at all. Can't wait to meet these little ones!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its genuinely remarkable paragraph, I have
got much clear idea about from this article.


Also visit my site: mysocialitz.com

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

A kidney stone?! Ouch! But more importantly we need bump pics and OMG it's so close I can't wait to see the little ones!

Anonymous said...

hi!,I really like your writing very so much!

share we be in contact extra approximately your article on AOL?
I need an expert in this area to solve my problem.
May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.


my web page :: http://africauris.com/rtbooks/pg/profile/PattiStor