Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Josie Maran Product Review

You know how some women never stop hunting for the perfect LBD? (little black dress)... Well, I never stop hunting for the perfect foundation.

I don't wear much makeup, so that makes it even more important for my foundation to look great! Streaks, orange splotches, dry spots, oily spots, wrong color.... all of this can be avoided with a good skin-care regimen and "base face."

Luckily, I have pretty normal skin that isn't prone to breakouts. But, I also think that is because I use very simple products that don't contribute to problems.

Every day I wash with Cetaphil. I love it, but it does not get all foamy and bubbly which I know some people like. However, because it does not foam up, it does not strip your skin of the good stuff it needs every day. It's simply a great face wash.

At night, I use Josie Maran Argan Oil. Click this link to see all of the benefits of Argan Oil. My friend Kathy introduced me to it a few years back, and I would say this is my one go-to product. Seriously - stranded on a deserted island, this would be my one non-human essential.  Not only is it a great night-serum, you can use it on cuticles, split ends, sun spots... everything! Josie has a complete line of organic skin care and makeup available at Sephora.

I am not a complete organically-obsessed girl by any means, but I figure if you are going to put something directly on your face... why not let it be as natural as possible?

Because of my love for Argan Oil, I decided to try out her newest foundation, Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation. While skeptical at first on its promise to "transform to your skin color," I am now quite the believer. The same foundation I bought prior to my trip to Costa Rica, still beautifully matches now that I am much darker. It's like magic I swear. There are three shades to choose from, and I am using LightMedium.

So, although I am not a makeup know-it-all, I do know what I like. And Josie Maran Argan Oil and Matchmaker Serum Foundation have put my never-ending search for foundation on hold for awhile.

1 comment:

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I have still been waiting to use up my laura mercier & I can't decide if I want this or makeup forever! I will def be taking a trip to sephora soon :)