Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Four months of crazy awesomeness

Well, some how my sweet babies are 4 months old. I don't even know how that happened. Time just flies. I find myself daydreaming about their birth a lot. I wish I could press rewind and live it all over again. But on the other hand, they are at such an awesome stage, and I don't want to go backwards. It's hard to explain, and emotional. Emotional... that's the best way to describe things lately.

My 4-month long breastfeeding journey came to an unplanned early end, and I wasn't ready. I have to begin a powerful medicine and I just can't risk passing it through my milk to Keegs and Noelle. I stalled as long as possible, but I knew it was probably going to happen this way. I loved every single time I got to nurse the babes, and I even loved pumping. Those 15 minute sessions were a chance to sit back, breathe, and return to the babies feeling refreshed. While I wish I could have done it longer, I am happy I was able to give them antibodies and nourishment for as long as I could. I'm emotional about it though. Sitting here right now I wish I could do something about it, but I know that I can't.

The past few months have been a whirlwind. In July we sold a house, bought a new house, packed, and I went back to work. In August we moved, hired a nanny, and began the work-at-home mom routine. It's been hectic, exciting, exhausting and humbling. There are days that I am just so tired. And then there are days that I feel like I totally rock at this whole mom thing. Those are good days.

Keegan and Noelle had their 4 month appointment today, and poor sweet babies had to get 4 shots each. Keegan is 15.8 and Noelle is 13.7. Keegs got the green light to start trying solids, but we will wait a few more weeks to start Noelle. Her reflux/spitting up could get worse if we introduce food too early.

The babies are at such a fun age. They laugh. Out loud. And when they do, they give themselves hiccups. It's so adorable. They also love to hold onto their toys, especially textured things that make noise. Right now their favorite things are Sophie (Noelle) and soft blocks (Keegan and Noelle) and the play mat (Keegan and Noelle). They also love looking at each other, watching Mickey Mouse, swinging, tummy time, eating, and bath time.  Noelle does NOT like loud, sudden noises, riding in her carseat, sitting in her carseat during walks, or when mama leaves the room. Keegan does NOT like wet diapers, getting scared, or when mama leaves the room. They are so funny - they totally know when I am in the room or not and they get upset when I leave. I love how much they love me. And I can't get enough of them.

As I'm typing this, their daddy is on the way to pick up mama's new hot stroller - the Baby Jogger City Select! Woo Woo! Buy Buy Baby price matches and the grey color was on salw at Allbeebaby.com. CAN'T WAIT to take the babes for a spin tonight.

No comments: