Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Mash-Up of Thoughts - And Pictures.


My brain is frazzled. But in a good way, I think.

I am officially 'stuck' in Dallas until the babies arrive. If you would have asked me how I felt about that about 2 months ago, I would have explained I was already feeling mega-bummed. BUT, now that its here, I'm really not.... And its mostly in part to the great girls I have met through my bible study class, the fact my mom and sister already have several trips up here planned, and a couple of the girls may try to make it up here too. I feel very blessed to have such an amazing support system in Houston, and I feel very optimistic that I am building some strong relationships here as well.

I just re-read that - sounds so 'serious.' But, since moving out of Houston in January 2011, it's been tough to make new friends. My best friends are all in Houston! And I work from home - so how on earth do you make friends at the ripe age of 26?? haha!

On that note.... the Hubs and I are rocking through our To-Do list. Our first piece of furniture for the nursery arrived last night. It's just a simple white shelf, but it was tough to find because the wall we needed it for is so skinny! (Our nursery is right off of our master bedroom; connected by double french doors).

The 'Worker'
The 'Supervisors'


The Shelf


 
The shelf obviously is not decorated, but here is what it holds so far:
- Two vintage Fisher Price toys from Mamais
- Two Sophie giraffes (amazon; gifted)
- A wide range of books (the rest are in their play area downstairs)
- 'K' and 'N' initials (Anthropologie)
- Two Peas in a Pod frame with ultrasound photos
- Vintage wooden blocks with 'K' and 'N'
 
We secured the shelf to the wall for extra safety measures.  There is the sneak peek of the color. I think it comes across pretty true, but with green it's really hard to get a feel for how the heck that looks on all 4 walls. I will share more pictures as the room comes together. :)
 
In addition to nursery bits and pieces, I have been hammering out Thank You notes from my showers. I actually made all of the thank you notes while I was at scrapbooking weekend this year. I love pennants! My goal is to have them all out in the mail by tomorrow!
 
 
And to end this mumbo-jumbo, here are 26 week belly shots. Crazy!
No stretch marks (yet) - HOLLA!
 
 
 



2 comments:

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

living away is hard, until you have double the friends! then it gets fun!

Emily said...

you are tooo cute! cant wait to see more of the nursery.