Monday, October 1, 2012

Discovery Day #1

I think it is fair to say that this pregnancy has two separate discovery days. The first one, positive home pregnancy test day, and the second one, sonogram day.

This post is about the very first discovery day - so I can look back and remember exactly how it went down - (Not like I could EVER forget).
 
Let's back track a bit. After stopping the pill, I took about 10 pregnancy tests. All negative. They were even negative a week AFTER I should have started my period. I chalked it up to my body taking its sweet time to re-adjust, and that I should stop worrying over something I couldn't control.

After spending a weekend in Houston, and two days at the corporate office for work, I flew back to Dallas for an all-day meeting on Wednesday. Which happened to be my 26th birthday! I'd been feeling kind of off for a few days - sore boobs, super tired, and a bad headache. So when I got home from my meeting, and before the Hubs and I left for my birthday dinner, I took a pregnancy test. Thinking, hey why the heck not, I haven't taken one in about a week. That thing was blazingingly positive. I mean, it took so much ink to show the positive line, that the comparison line was barely visible!

With shaking hands, I handed the test to Justin right as he was coming out of the shower. I was completely speechless. He was thrilled, and we basically said 'OMG' and hugged about 50 times. I wanted to totally scratch the birthday dinner and head to CVS for another test, but Justin insisted that I really needed to eat! I managed to get down some Mexican food, (and an iced tea), and then we booked it to the store for a 3-pack of tests! Two tests later - two more positive tests!

How did we sleep that night?

The next morning I went into my Dr. office for a 'confirmation of pregnancy' blood test. I was hoping to get the results back the same day, but had to wait until Friday morning for the call-back. The nurse called with the best news I have ever heard -- hcg level were at 1167, and progesterone was a 47! Everything looked great! Thinking back, this was the first clue that this pregnancy was going to be a bit unusual. Especially when the nurse said she likes to see progesterone in the high teens... and mine was 47...





2 comments:

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

I had no idea you were blogging again! loving these posts

Erika Lee said...

@tess - Thanks! I started blogging but had it private for a few weeks. Now I'm ready to start sharing all about how this fam is about to double. Holy cow!!! Miss you girl