Thursday, July 10, 2014

Essential Oils & Emotions: Concentration

Well, my week-long series was disrupted by a quick work trip and a horrible cold. But, I've been wearing Thieves in my diffuser necklace, drinking a TON of water with grapefruit oil, taking extra vitamin c, and I am on the mend. Perfect timing too, because in just two days I will be standing next to my Sam as she gets married! Yippee!

So, I'm back to cover a third common emotion that can be improved with essential oils. (If you didn't catch the last two, I blogged about anxiety and jealousy earlier this week).

Today's emotion is concentration. I have heard the most beautiful success stories about using YL essential oils to improve ADD/ADHD symptoms, but today I am focusing on something I have personally experienced an uplift in; just plain distraction, lack of concentration.

I am busy. Like, really busy. I am imperfectly balancing a full-time job, raising toddler twins, keeping a somewhat neat home, growing amazing friendships with new friends, spending enough one-on-one time with my husband, and educating myself on how to incorporate oils into our family. Some days I am a rock star in two or three areas. And some days I don't quite meet the high expectations I set for myself in any areas at all. But, each of the things I mentioned above are super important to me; I don't think being busy for the sake of being busy is a good thing at all.

Whether I'm trying to meet a work deadline, focus on a book I'm reading, finish up laundry so I can start dinner, or am about to tackle a solo grocery trip with the babies, its nice to get extra boosts of concentration support. Sometimes it's helpful to get that 'kick' so I can re-focus my attention on something I'm trying to accomplish. I like that I can rub an essential oil on the back of my neck, stick a drop in my diffuser necklace, or even put a drop under my tongue for a natural way to direct my energy and concentrate. I wish I would have known about these oils in college!! It would have brought my caffeine intake down a ton. :)
 
Emotion: Concentration
The Essential Oils Desk Reference v5 highlights specific oils that can encourage concentration. It's important to remember that just because there are several oils listed, it doesn't mean you have to use each one. Use what you have on-hand from the starter kit, or if you see the same essential oil recommended for different emotions you're juggling, maybe make the investment to order that oil this month.

As you experiment with frequent diffusing, inhaling or topical application, you'll begin to see which one ignites the best response in your body. Everyone is different!

Singles: Cedarwood, Peppermint, Frankincense, Lemon, Cardamom
Blends: Clarity, Brain Power

The oils bolded/hyperlinked are all included in the Premium Starter Kit. This kit is what I truly recommend for anyone looking to begin their journey with essential oils. It includes 11 oils and the home diffuser, so you are fully equipped to jump right in.

I am linking up to The Pretty Oil, where they have an in-depth look at these essential oils and their uses.

Any questions on YL essential oils:
email lee.erikad@gmail.com

No comments: