Monday, July 7, 2014

Essential Oils and Emotions: Jealousy

Continuing my series on essential oils and emotions. If you missed yesterday, click back a page. I covered how the oils can effect your emotions and specifically, anxiety.

Scroll, scroll, scroll: Oh my gosh, her kitchen is ideal. I wish I had her kitchen!
Scroll, scroll, scroll: How does she always have every new Baby Gap outfit? Ugh, I wish I had all of those clothes.
Scroll, scroll, scroll: Man, she has it together. Her faith, family and friends are so perfect. My prayer journal does not look anything like her custom designed notebook.
Scroll, scroll, scroll: Her house is so perfectly put together, how does she do that? Mine is a wreck 90% of the time… 

Ok, so you get it. Social media can be so wonderful. I have met some of the most amazing women from Instagram (yep!) and they are a huge part of my life and we lift each other up! But social media can bring out a horrible side in me, too. Jealousy. It’s hard to not feel those twinges when everyone displays their worlds so ‘picture perfectly’ online. I do know that what you see in pictures is not always authentic, so that helps bring things back into perspective most of the time. But jealousy is an emotion I think many of us struggle with. 

This morning I took some time to reflect and experience a unique way to deal with this emotion through essential oils and prayer. As I diffused Joy, I meditated on these two scriptures:

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

James 3:14-15 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.

Emotion: Anxiety
The Essential Oils Desk Reference v5 highlights specific oils that can encourage a release of the emotion; jealousy. It's important to remember that just because there are several oils listed, it doesn't mean you have to use each one. Use what you have on-hand from the starter kit, or if you see the same essential oil recommended for different emotions you're juggling, maybe make the investment to order that oil this month.
As you experiment with frequent diffusing, inhaling or topical application, you'll begin to see which one ignites the best response in your body. Everyone is different!
 
Singles: Idaho Balsam Fir, Frankincense, Lemon, Orange
Blends:Valor, The Gift, Joy, Humility, Release

The oils bolded/hyperlinked are all included in the Premium Starter Kit. This kit is what I truly recommend for anyone looking to begin their journey with essential oils. It includes 11 oils and the home diffuser, so you are fully equipped to jump right in. I am linking up to The Pretty Oil, where they have an in-depth look at these essential oils and their uses.

Any questions on YL essential oils:
email lee.erikad@gmail.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love LOVE reading your blog Erika! You have really inspired me with these oils. I can't wait until I get my desk reference book so I can learn even more. Thanks for sharing! It's nice to hear someone else express the same feelings that I have in regards to certain matters.

Love-Lee said...

Heather, that's so nice! I love doing this with you. Everytime you ask a question in The Pretty Oil I'm like man I was wondering that too!! Haha! :)