Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend in Fredericksburg

Ahhhh, sitting down to write this morning after such a crazy weekend feels nice. I'm taking just a few minutes to recap before jumping into another busy work week!

Justin hunts on a deer lease every year in Llano, TX. Last year he shot a nice buck and had it shoulder mounted (Ok, typing that sentence is still bizarre, even though I have come to terms with this 'hunting stuff' over the past couple of years). It was finally ready for pick-up, so Justin was planning to drive down and back on Saturday. Super long trip, and he wasn't looking forward to it. SO, we decided to make it a family trip and head to Fredericksburg from Llano - only about 40 minutes away! And, I love Fredericksburg. I was in.

We left McKinney at 5:30 AM on Saturday morning. Justin and I had loaded the car the night before, so we just woke up at 5, got ready, then woke the babies up right before we left. Changed their diapers and stuck them straight in the car. The first couple hours were great - the babies just chilled, dozed on and off, and played in their car seats with little squeaky bath toys. Yep, those are their absolute favorite things right now - soft plastic toys that fit perfectly in their little hands.

At 7:30, we gave them sippy cups of milk; we had packed a small cooler in the car, and just trucked along. When we got to this tiny itty bitty (not even a McDonalds) town called Harrisburg, the babies were ready - very ready - for breakfast. We stopped at the cutest cafe, grabbed a table on the porch, and ate a delicious home cooked breakfast. Another diaper change and we were back at it. We got to Llano around 11 am to pick up Justin's deer in town. Then, we kept driving out into the country to his deer lease. Justin had to do a few 'chores' at camp, and has been wanting to show me the new place they hunt for awhile. We saw deer, cows and a turkey. PS I would have never know the animal was a turkey - it looked like a giant buzzard creature. Then, back in the car to head to Fredericksburg. At this point, K & N were just about over it. I sat in the back between their car seats feeding them snacks. I was so happy that I brought my Joy essential oil with me too. It was a critical component to keeping my sanity during this leg of the trip! haha!



Finally, we got to Fredericksburg. Found a cute cafe, ordered some Sam Adams, food for us and the babes, and sat on our second patio with 13 months twins for the day. K&N were, literally, the talk of the town. I wish we had counted the number of times people stopped everything they were doing to come talk to us, ask if they were twins, talk to K&N, and tell us we have our hands full. Even though this happens a lot, there was an extreme anount of twin questioning going on this weekend.


After lunch it was nap time for the entire family. This was our first hotel stay with the babies! We set up pack n plays for a siesta. (We took turns dozing, except Noelle, who was not having it, at all). After naps, we loaded back up and walked the town, shopped, let the babies run around. Which is SO fun you guys. Keegan is walking everywhere. More like running. He has got.it.down. Noelle isn't too interested in walking, yet. She creeps along everything, stands on her own a bit, and walks great behind push toys. One day she'll decide to take-off, and for now I will enjoy only having to chase one toddler.

Fast forward a bit to our third patio meal for the day. This time there was a live band. And the babies loved it. They danced and clapped to the songs. And, Keegan made sure all of the tables around us were watching him. He would literally clap. Stop abruptly to look all around him. Then we he got the  recognition he was waiting for, he would start clapping again. Ham.

Everything about this picture is not right, but its all we got. Why do they each only have one shoe on? What happened to my shorts?

We kept the babies up a bit past their 7 pm bedtime, then eventually headed back to the hotel to put them down. We had a balcony off our room, so once they were sleeping Justin and I had a place to hang out without disturbing them. Literally, the whirlwind trip couldn't have gone any better.

The drive home on Sunday was pretty uneventful as well. Babies took two naps. We stopped in a few little towns on our way, grabbed lunch, and got back to McKinney around 4. Unfortunately, something must have been in the air that didn't agree with me. I usually don't struggle with allergies but last night was a bit rough. I rubbed a couple drops of peppermint on the back of my neck, and diffused the allergy bomb. Seriously, the relief was almost immediate. I am sitting here  this morning with the same combo diffusing, and ready to tackle my work day.

I am placing my monthly order of essential oils tonight at 8 pm. If you are interested in trying one or two oils, I can order for you at wholesale price and ship to you. Just email me, comment below, or send me a message on instagram (@lee_erika).

Or, if you are ready to really jump in with incorporating essential oils into your lifestyle and family, I suggest the premium starter kit. This kit comes with 10 popular oils and a home diffuser. It's the best value! You can order yours via the 'Order Oils' link above. Oh, and everyone who gets a starter kit in May will also receive a copy of the Essential Oils Pocket Reference Guide.

What I love about sharing my LOVE of oils with friends, is that I don't have to pretend to know everything... Because I surely do not. I use resources such as the reference guide, and my amazing team (The Pretty Oil) to find answers to each question I get. It's a win/win.

Have a wonderful week!

I am not a doctor, I just love using essential oils. Any information or advice given on this site is meant to help educate and inform, not diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Statements made on this website about Young Living oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. You should always check with your health care professional before starting something new.
 

No comments: