Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Medicine Cabinet Makeover

When I first joined The Pretty Oil Team, I read about the 'medicine cabinet makeover' challenge. I admit, I was a bit skeptical when I first started hearing about essential oils. Growing up, we took benadryl for allergies, tylenol for headaches, and pepto for tummy aches. And, they helped minimize symptoms. So, I am not standing on a podium preaching the hault of western medicine. There is a time and place, and I completely understand this. I currently take Humira (an injected medication) for an autoimmune disease with no plans to stop, because it is critical to my health and wellness. But, I was curious, and desperate for a lifestyle minimizing the use of OTC drugs. I want to start getting to the root of the problem instead of masking the symptoms of the problem.

Over the past few days, weeks and months, I have slowly started integrating essential oils into our home. I do it slowly, cautiously, and after a litte (ok a ton) of research to decide what is best for our family.

Here are a few very honest, personal ways we have started the Medicine Cabinet Makeover:
  • Replaced Mederma with Frankincense on c-section scar
  • Replaced Icy Hot with Panaway for sore muscles after gym time
  • Replaced prescription cortisone with Peppermint for eczema
  • Replaced OFF insect spray with homemade Purification insect repellent 
  • Replaced soft drinks and energy drinks with Nixia Red or Lemon Oil
  • Replaced Z Quil with Lavender and Valor
  • Replaced (expensive) Bobbi Brown night cream with coconut oil and frankincense
 
 
I am not a doctor, I just love using essential oils. Any information or advice given on this site is meant to help educate and inform, not diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Statements made on this website about Young Living oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. You should always check with your health care professional before starting something new.

No comments: