Monday, April 23, 2012

Ready to Roll

I have been REALLY interested in cycling for awhile. But, before jumping into it, I did quite a bit of research. Ya'll, road bikes are expensive. I really had no idea.

So the debate was - new? used? beginner? experienced?
And that was enough to contemplate for a few weeks before making up my mind!

Hubs and I decided this would be a great experience to begin together, so we also had to keep in mind we would need to purchase two bikes at the same time. Plus helmets, squishy shorts, water bottle cages, etc. Yikes!

After a ton of research, 3 trips to local bike stores, a trip to Sun & Ski, we finally made up our mind.
We chose to buy brand new entry-level bikes through a very well-respected brand, Trek. (Lexa Series)  So, with the 3-digit price tag instead of 4-digit, we new we would get a great bike at a great price to help launch us into the world of cycling.

We took our first ride last night through the trails in Las Colinas and I am so in love. It brings back nostalgic bike-riding memories, and a sore butt. Isn't she cute? Turqoise handle bars and all.

1 comment:

Marci @ a smile a day said...

Love the bike!!! And I wish we lived close so I could join :(